George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Not spining

Customer Question

not spining
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 6 months ago.

Is there water still in the appliance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dont want to make a call

What do you mean? I have not asked you to make a call

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
then tell me some thing

If there is still water in the appliance the door will not open..

Unhook the drain hose from its drainage point and hold it over a bowl to drain out the water.. Then once the water is out, open the filter housing to check that it is not blocked..

Let me know what you find..

Out of interest, why did you mention not wanting to make a call?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
because I can see the call sign

Ok.. I will ask what that means... Even I'm not sure on that one..

Let me know how you get on...

What model is the appliance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wf 250

Ok, so Hotpoint WF250..

yes, Unhook the drain hose from its drainage point under the sink (or wherever) and hold it over a bowl to drain out the water.. Then once the water is out, open the filter housing to check that it is not blocked.. The filter housing is behind the kick-panel at the front of the machine

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have drined all the water.n I did open the kick panel...bt cudt find anything..its nothing there

Ok.. Check to make sure the impeller of the pump will turn... If you now put the appliance on a Spin program, does it spin?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wait I ll try

I'm not going anywhere.. take your time

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is spinning btnot draining thew water itself

Ok.. The drum is spinning yes?

Is the impeller of the pump rotating?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
drum is spinning,bt I dun know..where is pump n its impeller?

Just checking that model as there are two types

When you run this and it does not pump out... are there any lights on at the front panel?

The pump on the WF250 is at the rear

1. Remove the lower rear access panel.
2. Detach the sump hose from the pump using a suitable container to catch any water.
3. Disconnect the drain hose from the pump and unplug the wiring connection block.
4. Lift plastic the locking tab and slide the pump inwards and lift clear.

Check the pump is not blocked..

Check that it is operating.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
on n off one,rinse hold and extra rinse...all of them were flashing at the end

If you numbered the 5 buttons 12345 from the top to the bottom.. Which buttons were flashing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
3rd and 5th

Did you check the pump?

Also, at the base of the tub, and attached to the pump, is the sump to pump hose.. The hose end that is attached to the tub contains a filter.. undo it and check the filter basket.

The lights that you have reported as flashing are not registered as a fault code.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we tried it again..it sopped..didn't drain itsef and now 2nd and 4th lights r flashing

Pressure switch jammed on full or pump
blocked: check pump & switch

Check the pump again and then check that the hose for the pressure switch is not blocked

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry forlate reply..actually m v tired now..is it possible if I can tal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
talk to u tomorrow?

Ok

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we have checked each n every pipe noth is blocked what next

Take off the lid.. On the right side there is a pressure switch with a thin hose coming from it. Take the hose off, then blow down the hose towards the tank to ensure the hose is clear, then try the appliance again.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that is ok not blocked when I put the drian pipe on floor it drain all water but when in drain pipe don't through water out
  • You need to test the the pump is ok.. Use a multimeter to test the pump on Ohms. Check that you get a reading between the two terminals of the pump.
  • You need to test that the pump is getting power. Use a multimeter set on AC Volts to check that there is 240v or thereabouts coming from the pump cables when the multimeter is connected to the two cables and the appliance is set to drain and switched on
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know how to check tell me simple way

Do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no

Then you are unfortunately going to need to call for the services of an appliance engineer to test the pump and the pressure switch for you..

Essentially, one or the other of those two have a fault; however we can not determine which of the two without the tests having taken place.

.

Would you like me to find you an appliance engineer local to you? (If so, please supply your postcode)

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

I notice you have not rated the assistance I gave you.. This is the only way I get credited both for responding to you, and for the time that I spent diagnosing your issues.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.