George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Fabric softner doesn't get rinsed into machine

fabric softner doesn't get rinsed into machine
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the model number of the appliance please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fwm 714 it hope this helps.

Have you removed the syphon part of the dispenser and cleaned the tube underneath it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried it in sink with water and flows out without problem I suspect theres no water flow into this compartment.

Then have you got a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why.

I would like you to test the inlet valve that delivers water to that particular compartment..

Below is a diagram of the inlet group.. You'll need to test the blue valve for its resistance. The resistance reading across the poles should be 3.7Ohms

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry don't have multi meters.

Then I can only give you a diagnosis without tests...

Since you have thoroughly cleaned the dispenser and the syphon inside it, I can only assume 'without tests' that the appliance is not feeding the water through to the conditioning compartment on the appliance...

The water feed to the conditioning compartment is fed by a valve group which contains 3 valves of which I sent you an image earlier.. Without tests, I can only assume that the blue valve of the three has failed and is not supplying water to the compartment.

The Valve is part number L34C300I3 and is available here

.

.

I notice you have not rated the assistance I gave you.. This is the only way I get credited both for responding to you, and for the time that I spent diagnosing your issues.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.