Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bosch All Rounder Hepa. 3.5 years old. Just stopped working.

Customer Question

Bosch All Rounder Hepa. 3.5 years old. Just stopped working. Have changed bag. No power to machine though power socket is working. Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model #?

Also did it fail during use, or would just not power on one day?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bosch BSGL4000GBfailed during use
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

Did it just seem to shut off?

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

And how did the motor sound was it normal up to that point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

hank you for that information. If the cord is in good shape then the problem with this model is either one of two things. The Thermal fuse has failed or the motor brushes need replacement.

If the unit was worked hard that day, its very possible the thermal fuse which is soldered in place near the motor inline with the motores hot lead is bad. That can be tested with a meter. Actually all of this can be tested with a meter but the unit needs to be opened up for this repair.

Also the motor brushes will also fail if the unit has a lot of run time on it and they are a but more difficult to replace. None the less, this one worth the cost of repair. And we can not rule out a bad plug or cord. All of this could be tested with an inexpensive meter available from any local hardware store. But if you dont want to go through all that and the expense of the meter and possibly tools for this task, you can simply bring this one in to any vacuum repair shop. The repair should not be too much unless the armature as failed( motor core winding). Which is doubtful anyway.

This repair should be less than $50.00 US form any vacuum repair shop;-)

I wish I had better news for you on this I really do but please let me knwo if you would like to make this repair with my assistance?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Michael. very prompt. I will try repair if not too expensive, otherwise will have to replace but that should not be necessary for a Bosch of just 3.5 years, I feel.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome, I will be here again most of the day tomorrow if you need more help;-)

Tech Michael