Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens SN66TO96GB/50. I think the door spring has

I have a Siemens SN66TO96GB/50. I think the door spring has gone as all of a sudden it drops when opening. It is integral. All I can see on the bottom of the machine is a white plastic bit and a bit of cord.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could do with advice on how to repair it and where I source the parts
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

That bit of cord you see should be attached to the door hinge and then to the spring.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out from under the unit.

Once you have it out you need to remove the metal side panels.

There you will be able to access the door hinges and the springs.

Remove both sides as you will find one goes but the other is fine. So at least that way you can see how the set up is done.

Its usually the cord that breaks on this. The part number for this is 00754869 but this is for just 1 so if you need both sides you need to order 2 of them.

So im afraid you need to remove the dishwasher from under the unit and remove both side panels and from there you will see the set up of the hinges from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you let me know where best to source the parts? I am just going to dismantle it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have bought one. Now just got to work out how to get the machine rom under the unit!