Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Maytag dishwasher bought 26.9.2013; on Eco programme

Maytag dishwasher bought 26.9.2013; on Eco programme sometimes sticks about 1 hour before cycle is complete
I assume I need a new computer part but which one & from where? I know a man who can fit it (I hope!) but Maytag services not being helpful!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number of the dishwasher please.

Also when it stops are you getting any error codes or flashing lights?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all sorts of numbers: MDW 611 AWG or 5019 996 01507 or 8511 89415840No error codes, lights or anything; it just keeps making the 'whirring' noise as if it's part of the programme & then I realise it hasn't moved for ages
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok when it stops and is making the whirring noise is it the drain pump running all the time?

If so then try this and see what happens.

Pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and see if any watr goes out from the base of it. As if water has leaked in the base then what it does is it brings the drain pump on and it keeps it running all the time.

So try that first and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK but I can't do that by myself, will have to get help tomorrow or asap. It could be the drain pump but I wouldn't really know!
How do I close this down & then get back to you when I can?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, Once you have help check that and see what you find and let me know.

As to getting back to me you can either bookmark this page or you will have an email and in the email is a link back here.

Now it could be the control board but to be honest its not common for them to fail. Its usually something else that causes this fault rather then the control board failing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that's great - I do hope you are right!!!Many thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get friend to move d/w & investigate until Monday but will let you know asap then
Thanks again
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine. Try it when you can and just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seen by plumber yesterday & all plumbing working well; also machine has worked well at last few uses! Plumber advised monitor for a while so will do that & keep fingers crossed!
Many thanks for your help, will be in touch if further problems