Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Is there anything i can do to try and fix my zanussi washing

is there anything i can do to try and fix my zanussi washing machine? It will fill with water normally and it will drain if I change it to the drain program but it will not go through the washing cycle.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 9 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** could you give me the full model number and also the pnc a nine or eleven digit number that is on the rating label inside the door frame please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ZWD1262W
Product no.914603204 00
type P6847496
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you still there?

Yes just pulling up the service manual - if you put it on spin will it spin?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i havent tried that yet - will give it a go.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It seems to be counting down on the spin program but not actually spinning

OK give me a shout with your resulsts.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It doesnt seem to be spinning at all.

OK first thing to do is take one of the motor brushes out and see if they've worn out. Its a case of tipping the appliance on its back and fiddling throiugh the hole in the base - fiddly but possible.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK thanks for that. I might try draining the pump as well to see if there is anything stuck or blocked. My twenty-something year old son and his friends used it on monday so that might have something to do with it.

Just to confirm the first statement you made - it is draining the water when you put it on a drain cycle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the water does drain on the drain cycle. Have just emptied the pump and found 71p in there so maybe it will work now. am just trying it again.

OK let me explain how these work - the drain period is timed so if it doesnt pump out all the water the washing machine wont spin but my concern is not so much there its that you dont seem to have any motor action at all.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
nothing happening so far apart from the water seems to be going in ok. Basically should I call someone out at considerable expense and that will take at least a week or more if past experience is anything to go by, or should I just go and buy a new machine? Do you think this could be fixed by someone - I dont like throwing a machine away if it might be fixable. Certainly there doesnt seem to be any motor action as you say.

OK first thing to do is get at that motor and check the brushes - if they are OK then check the cables back up to the power pcb and see if there is any breaks, then findally check that you havent got anything burnt or tracks damaged on the pcb and come back to me. All items are fixable its just how much time you can give.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK thanks for that - thats going to take a while anyway. Maybe I should sign off now and get back if there is still a problem?

Thats fine, in the meantime can you kindly rate the information given sofar so that I can clear your job off my screen. You can then just sign back in later and we can pick up the thread and continue with fault finding. - Ian.

.

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.