Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My AEG Washer-Dryer is working intermittently. It works

Customer Question

My AEG Washer-Dryer is working intermittently. It works absolutely fine, sometimes completing the cycle (washer and dryer) but then sometimes cuts out part way through a cycle. I'm assuming there's a loose wire somewhere. Could it be an easy fix?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the full model number and also the pnc which is on the rating label inside the door frame.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Here's the numbers:Model no L16850 Type H1056324
###-##-####01Ser 943 00024

OK when the appliance fails to finish does it have any alarms in the display at all eg E30 or if you model doesnt have a display any leds lite.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No alarms or codes. The machine just switches off, as if the plug has been pulled out. It won't switch back on again until some time after and then it just works perfectly normally again. It may go through a complete cycle or it may switch off again. It's as if there's a lose wire somewhere.

OK the first area that I would be looking is at the radio filter or suppressor unit that is directly to the power cable just under the top of the appliance it looks like this -- http://www.partmaster.co.uk/use-dst3792740007-suppressor/product.pl?pid=1892224 -- look for melted terminals or heat damage to the casing of the suppressor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks. I haven't used this site before. Is it for people who want to try and repair themselves? Do you visit houses to repair if needed? I'll ask my husband to look at the parts you suggest when he gets home, Thank you.

The site is manned by engineers that try and help people repair their appliances without calling in an engineer. Depending on the competence of the customer we can usually rectify the fault or if not at least tell you what is the problem and then you can take it from there - Ian