George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint dishwasher LFT04 not working

Hotpoint dishwasher LFT04 not working
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is George,

Can you tell me the Model of the appliance and describe to me the issue you are having with the appliance please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HI George,
LFT04, hotpoint dishwasher. Been professionally plumber in but machine been in storage for 3 months. It whirrs and makes the right noises but does not finish. Running it empty to clean it up. Switches on OK and can choose programme, have tried 3 different programmes. The 1st and 3rd lights flash.
Does that help?
David

Thanks for that quite good description David..

When you say 'it whirrs and makes the right noises' do you mean that the appliance rotors are turning as they should?

Also, does the appliance fill with water?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sounds as if they are, water comes in, pump seems to be working and then stopping, then no further refill? Runs for about 1 mins to empty DW, then water does not come in and then 3 lights flash. On/off, + 1st and 3rd lights. With lid open pump or something carries on (another 2/3 mins) and then stops.

Follow this procedure and tell me the results:

.

1. Open the door and switch the machine on. (On/Off button)

2. Switch the dishwasher off. (On/Off button)

3. Press and Hold the "P" (programme) Button for 3 seconds. The machine

will beep.

4. Switch the dishwasher on. (On/Off button)

The On/Off Led will flash slowly and LED 2 is on.

5. Close the door, after 4 seconds the machine will beep and the Auto Test

cycle will start after 6 seconds

.

The test will then do the following:

.

1. Drain to pressure switch empty position plus 30 seconds.

2. Static Filling with 3.1 litres of water

3. Dynamic filling with 1.1 litres of water.

4. Wash Pump on for 60 seconds, filling up to Pressure switch level with a total of 5.5 litres of

water

5. Wash pump stops.

6. Heater on for 10 seconds

7. Dispenser solenoid on for 10 seconds

8. Wash pump on for 10 seconds

9. Regeneration solenoid valve on for 15 seconds.

10. Drain to pressure switch empty position plus 5 seconds.

11. Pause for 10 seconds.

12. Inlet solenoid valve and drain pump on simultaneously for 20 seconds.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1. Open the door and switch the machine on. (On/Off button)2. Switch the dishwasher off. (On/Off button)3. Press and Hold the "P" (programme) Button for 3 seconds. The machinewill beep.4. Switch the dishwasher on. (On/Off button)The On/Off Led will flash slowly and LED 2 is on.5. Close the door, after 4 seconds the machine will beep and the Auto Testcycle will start after 6 secondsThe test will then do the following:1. Drain to pressure switch empty position plus 30 seconds.2. Static Filling with 3.1 litres of water3. Dynamic filling with 1.1 litres of water.4. Wash Pump on for 60 seconds, filling up to Pressure switch level with a total of 5.5 litres ofwater5. Wash pump stops.6. Heater on for 10 seconds7. Dispenser solenoid on for 10 seconds8. Wash pump on for 10 seconds9. Regeneration solenoid valve on for 15 seconds.10. Drain to pressure switch empty position plus 5 seconds.11. Pause for 10 seconds.12. Inlet solenoid valve and drain pump on simultaneously for 20 seconds.

So what are you telling me David?

Are you saying that it completed the test with no error codes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO, THE 3 LIGHTS JUST FLASH ALL THE TIME THE ON/OFF/ LEDS 1 AND 3

Even after the test?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Your CAPS lock is on

So.. during the test.. Did the Circulation Pump operate and the rotors turn?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, it was not meant as a shout, i just kept it on so you could see my answers after your lower case instructions.
apols
D

So.. during the test.. Did the Circulation Pump (Wash pump) operate and the rotors turn?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
one could hear the motors of something going but i think it was the drainage pump. as very little water entered the machine it is not clear if the anything else worked

Ok... Then if not so much water entered the appliance I am going to say that you have a pressure switch issue.

You could start the appliance, then once you think the wash motor has started, open the door and throw a bucket of water into the tub untill it reaches just below door seal level.. then shut the door to allow the program to continue...

If you do try it let me know what happens

Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK I try that but I now have to take the kids out. Can we resume tomorrow or later tonight?

We certainly can... Please rate before continuing though

When coming back to me use the same link.. DO NOT open another question or you'll get charged again

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi George, are you there? David
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 9 months ago.

Morning David.. yes I am..

I am working away today so I'll need to be quick if you want further assistance with this

Hello???

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, where did we get to? The D/w still not going but you thought it was the pressure switch. I am now re-starting and going to throw the water in. Unfortunately I now have a tel conference for 30 mins or so, but I will be back. D

Please rate the assistance so far before continuing David...

The diagnosis given is as per manufacturer guidelines for the fault code that is showing.

Fault code meaning: Pressure Switch Mesh plate, filter or microfilter, pressure switch, circulation pump.

.

You have a faulty/blocked pressure switch or faulty/blocked circulation pump

.

I am working away today but will be back this evening..

Once rated I will assist you further when I am available..

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi George, I am now back at home, having left my son and his family. In the end I decided to buy him a new D/W as I did not have the time to deal with it all (that and putting in lights, sockets etc). So thank you for your input. I have scored your work as Good, but I am also conscious that a score can also reflects the seriousness of the problem sometimes. So I hope you find 4 stars OK. Thanks again
David

Thank you David,

I am currently stuck on the M1 in a massive traffic jam, but, when I come out of this and get to somewhere where I can actually do any good I will look to see if you have left a message and we can try continue this to save wasting the dishwasher

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All too late, but thanks again. David