Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Trying to change start switch on hotpoint tdc 30.have

Customer Question

trying to change start switch on hotpoint tdc 30.have removed two screws from each side but front panel still wont come off. have tried sliding to the right but wont slide. are there any other screws hiding anywhere?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** a moment to pull up the diagrams.

OK here we go - Power Off First.

a. Remove the two screws on the top cover at the back and remove the top panel. It slides back but sometimes you have to give it a tap at the front first.

b. Remove the timer knob

c Remove the console panel.

d. Taking note of the switch position and wiring connections use a flat screwdriver to depress the 'ears' on each switch end and then remove the switch.

Replacement is the reverse of the above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant remove console. besides two screws either side, are there any more screws

Console panel --

remove the timer knob and the two screws in the timer knob recess

Remove the two screws securing the console panel to the console packplate. Screws are located on the inside of the appliance and fix to the rear of the console through the console backplate and left hand side panel.

slide the console panel to the right to disengage the fixing lugs Remember to note the wiring to the switches.

How you getting on?