Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Have a delonghi double cooker. The main oven has stopped

Have a delonghi double cooker. The main oven has stopped working, while the smaller one is fine. I have the clock on manual. When I try to turn it on, nothing happens, but on the odd turn the red light on the front flickers for a second before going off again.
Any ideas please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is this a range style cooker?

If so then the fault will be the oven selector switch that you turn. This s a very common issue on these as the switch burns out so sometimes you can get the red light fliker as you turn the dial.

On this to access the switch you need to remove the complete hob top and the front control panel.

From there you will see the oven selector swicth. Check this and you will find its burnt out. Now most of the time it burns the wiring as well so you will need to also repair the wiring as well on this before fitting the switch. So take a picture of the wiring first so you know how it goes.

So try the above if you are able to but from the fault you describe this is going to be the oven selector switch has burnt out.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a range cooker. I will buy a new selector switch and let you know the outcome
Martin
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, I will await to hear from you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just took the top off and the selector switch has burnt out on the back two clips. The wiring looks fine, so I have ordered a new switch for delivery Tuesday. Will let you know outcome
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries. Its always the back section that burns out on these.

So fingers crossed this will sort it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, fitted the new selector switch and oven is working fine. I had two screws left over and the clock face is loose, but I'm not going to meddle. Thanks for your advice. Martin