Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch Exccel dishwasher stopped mid cycle yesterday and

Customer Question

Hi my Bosch Exccel dishwasher stopped mid cycle yesterday and won't restart. I have removed the filter and cleaned it out and also changed the fuse. There is still no display showing when I switch the power back on. Can you advise?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

If you open the door its usually etched into the metal door frame in the top left corner and start E-nr

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
SGS47E02GB/35

Thanks for that.

Now if theres no lights comming on the front control and the power supply is good then its either the on/off switch or the control board at fault here.

First thing to do if you havent already is pull the dishwasher out and try pluging it in another socket and just see what happens. Im sorry if you have tried this already but just wanted to start at the begining.

If that doesnt cure it then you need to make sure its unplugged and then remove the outer metal door frame and then you can remove the plastic control panel.

From there you will see the on/off switch on the left and the control board on the right.

Check the wiring going to the on/off switch and if you have a test meter then check and see if you have 230v there.

Then check the switch is switching over when you press it.

If the switch is fine then check the wiring blocks on the control board as well. Remove the board and open the plastic casing and check the board for any signs of burning. As if the on/off switch is fine and nothing is comming on then im afraid this is going to be a faulty control board thats casuing this.

For this the board will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK thanks its wired into the wall rather than a plug so I've changed the fuse in the wall socket but I can't easily plug it into another socket. I'll try taking the door frame off and have a look at the wiring to the switch and the board as you suggest

Ok as its hard wired then if you can remove the cover for the socket and just check theres no burning in the socket.

Again if you have a test meter then first check theres power as you will then know if its the dishwasher at fault or the power supply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** come back to you if I have any more questions after removing the door frame?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is actually signs of a little burning on the wire before it goes into the socket now I look at it. Do I just need to cut this section out and rewire?

Yes if theres burning then make sure the power is turned off at the fuse box and then cut the wire and rewire it back into the socket if the rest of the socket is fine and then see how it goes.

And of course you can come back to me anytime on this if you need further help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks will do

Your welcome.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

Just wondering how you got on with the dishwasher as the question is still open?

If you need anymore info just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.