Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch washing machine, Maxx 7 vario perfect Machine door

Bosch washing machine, Maxx 7 vario perfect
Machine door shuts/closes but machine screen says door not locked and, therefore, won't start!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the inside of the door and starts E-nr.

Also are you able to change wash cycles and does the display screen change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-Nr.WAE28461GB/01 FD 9309 600055
Screen goes from door not locked to -0- when I change cycle
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

If the door wont lock and start a cycle then this is either the door lock itself or control board here.

What you need to do to find out which it is, Is open the door and remove the metal clamp from around the outer edge of the door seal and then unlip the door seal.

From there make sure the washer is unplugged and then you can remove the door lock.

Disconnect the wiring block and there you will see 3 tags.

Now you need a multi meter to test this. Test between all 3 tags and you should get a reading between 2 of them. If you dont then the door lock is the fault.

But if the door lock tests ok then im afraid this will be the main control board which would need to be replaced.

But for this fault i'd say 7 times out of 10 its the door lock thats the fault here so check it if you can and see what you find.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately there is no way I am able to carry out your recommendations and I don't have a multi meter. I'll now need an engineer to come out. How do I go about this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok where abouts in the UK are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
St Helens, Merseyside WA9 3TL
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

Now you can try this company they are called elite appliance care. They cover the warrington area and i know they sometimes go into st Helens as its not that far. There number is ***** 0378 346. Im not 100% sure they will but worth a try as they are a decent company and dont charge a call out fee.

Failing that then you can try either Currys Knowhow or British gas as they both do a fixed fee repair for about £120 all in. So for that price they will call out and replace the parts and you know what your paying.

British gas number is *****(###) ###-####/p>

And Currys know how is 0844 561 00718

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll try first thing in the morning.