George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Siemens s16 49 washing machine it is stuck closed I

Customer Question

I have a Siemens s16 49 washing machine it is stuck closed I removed the top and cannot unlatch it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The door will not unlatch if the water hasnot drained. Is there water that has not pumped out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door handle is floppy like it's broken no water in the drum
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Ah, okay. So the latch is broken. You will have to force the door open and then replace both the latch and the lock assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
447732060682 if that helps....
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am unavailable for a phone request, I will see if another may be available.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

It is to late to ring you but, if you check by the drain filter there is a Pull-lever that will open the door lock for you..

If you still have problems tomorrow, come back to me