Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

De Dietrich inbuilt dishwasher trips the RCD as I close the

De Dietrich inbuilt dishwasher trips the RCD as I close the door. I am looking for the cost of a possible repair and cost please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the model number please.

Also is it onlyt tripping once the door is closed or it is tripping as you are closing the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Modle No. DVH640JU1RCD trips when switch on to wash just as the door is closed and clicks into place
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

Now for a tripping fault it can be a number of things in there thats causing this. But the most common part is either the heater element or the wash motor. These are the most common parts that causes a tripping fault on a dishwasher.

Now cost wise roughly you are looking at about £60 for labour/call out. Then the heater itself is about £80 so thats about £140 all in for a wash heater fault.

Now for the wash motor you are looking at about the £85 mark so again with labour its about £145

Now another option you have is either British Gas or Currys knowhow as they both do a fixed fee repair for about £125. So for that the will call out and replace what ever part it needs and you are looking at the fixed fee price of about £125. You need to contact either of them for there latest prices but they usually are a better option in cases like this as its cheaper through them.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.