Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My email is reply. I have just bought a second hand exxcel

Customer Question

Hi Michael, my email is***@******.*** for a reply. I have just bought a second hand exxcel slimline dishwasher, and when I installed it (to be perfectly honest) I didn't turn the water on fully. It came up with an error comes ode 15, and now the display won't illuminate. When I switch it on, it runs the motor to empty the machine, but nothing else, can you help, it's still under warranty, but I guess that is not transferable.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The machine is in flood mode, there is water that has leaked into the base of the machine, below the wash tub. You will need to dry the base totally out to reset the float and restore operation.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,How do I empty the machine and dry it out?Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The easiest way is to remove it from the cabinet and tip it, draining the leaked water. Place a fan to blow for a day and it should dry out just fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Take what from the cabinet?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The dishwasher, pull it out of the cabinet and tip it.