JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a delonghi essam 5500 and its still works but the

Customer Question

I have a delonghi essam 5500 and its still works but the water is not very hot the temperature is set on high but it is luke warm at best
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

If the Coffee is warm as it comes out of the spout there are three possible causes.

1. Hard water restricting water being heated to correct temperature

2. Infuser starting to fail

3. Thermostat failure

The best thing to do would be clean the unit as per pages 17-19 of the manual which can be found here, paying particular attention to the de-scaling (even though the unit may not be showing the de-scaling message\light). Once the unit has been cleaned\de-scaled, press the heat infuser button (which looks like a round circle with 4 rain drops inside it), then select the coffee program you require.

If the water temperature is still not hot, you need to look to get the unit serviced at which point an engineer can strip the unit down and replace the infuser, and check the thermostat is working correctly.

Should you need anything clarified, please let me know

James