George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My son inherited an older model Stoves range cooker when he

Customer Question

My son inherited an older model Stoves range cooker when he changed house last year. The model number is###-##-####(900DFa) its dual fuel. The fan assisted part of the oven will not heat up although the fan (and cooling fan) both come on. The element is good, it has been exchanged, even though the existing element gave good continuity and the correct resistance. It may be coincidental but this happened on start up after a power cut. Any ideas about what could cause the problem?
Graham
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hi Graham,

Can you tell me if when the oven is turned on the thermostat light on the front lights up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no thermostat light on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07/06/2016 10:05
There is no thermostat light on

Ok, thank you.. I have had a look at the wiring diagram for your cooker and it all points to the selector switch for the oven..

If you need copies of the Wiring diagrams, accept the 'Premium Service Request' that has been sent to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I presume the whole cooker top would need to come off to replace the selector switch?

There are both wiring versions in the secure box.. Download both versions.

You will need to remove the rear panel, the hobtop, and the fascia panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George, one last thing. Have taken off all items on stove top removed screws around burners and removed back panel. Have found one screw either end at back and removed these...top will not remove so I can check selector switch. Any ideas?
Graham

Sorry Graham.. That is an old 2002 model and it would stretch the imagination to think that I could remember that far back.. However, Have a look under the fascia panel, if there are screws there it suggests that the fascia may be removable and there may be screws for the top behind the fascia.