Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

2011 RL34LGTC FRIDGE FREEZER. HAD IT REPAIRED UNDER WARRENTY

2011 RL34LGTC FRIDGE FREEZER. HAD IT REPAIRED UNDER WARRENTY 2012. SEEMS LIKE THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN. FREEZER IS FINE. FRIDGE IS WARM, MORE SO AT THE TOP. HAD TO ACCESS COVER IN BACK OF FREEZER TO ACCESS BACK COVER BETWEEN FREEZER & FRIDGE.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking at fixng this yourself?

As if the fridge isnt cooling but the freezer is then its usually the freezer evaporator blocked up with too much ice stopping the air flow into the fridge section.

What you need to do is either empty the freezer and from there remove the back cover in there.

Behind the cover you will see the evaporator. If this is blocked up with too much ice then you need to use a hairdryer and defrost it from there till its all melted.

Or if you dont want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer still and turn the appliance off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open.

This will allow the ice in there to melt itself so place a few towels in there as you may get a bit of water from there.

Once its all clear retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a one off overfreeze that caused this fault.

But if after 2-3 weeks later it does the same then theres a fault on the auto defrost side which could be either the defrost heater itself or thermal cut out.

But try the defrost as above first and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.K. Daniel, I'll give that a go. I'm hoping that's what it is. Your advice is sound. I'll let you know the outcome.Cheers ***** *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the f/f seems to be operating fine. I think de-icing behind the cover plate worked. It did get very hot on both outer sides, but after freezing up, it went back to normal temperatures. If it goes again soon, I'll be in touch with you. Thanks ... Money well spent. 10/10 Daniel! Cheers ***** *****