Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a dometic fridge freezer in motor home I diconected

Customer Question

I have a dometic fridge freezer in motor home I diconected it from electric sunday and connected it back Tuesday but its not working everthing lights up to say its connected but its not getting cold after 24 hrs I have also tried it on the gas and that's the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iam still waiting for a reply you were very quick at taking my payment
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm just back from work so sorry for the delay - can you give me the full model number of your appliance so that I can check the details. Secondly have you got a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry just know its a built in fridge freezer in my motor home and its called dometic (its quiet new 2014) we had to move it of the drive on sunday, so had disconnect from home electric. It is now parked outside on a hill but we have run the electric back too it but the fridge/freezer is on but not getting cold I have been through all the trouble causing list in the manual and don't seem to be able to find any problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry what is a multimeter

Thank you for the supplied information - when you get a moment can you have a look and see if you can find the model number usually starts with RM followed by four numbers. This will allow me to have a look at the drawings and see where the power goes to the system and then hopefully point you in the right direction to rectify the problem. Unfortunately the systems are different from one model to the next so I do need the model to proceed. Tomorrow will do if you like I should be home around 1400 and we can pick this up - ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry that's all I can give you, as I said appliance is built in to motor and there is no way I can pull it out. and there is nothing any were else to see

OK thank you for the information, unfortunately without access to the back of the unit I will be unable to take you further as I need to know if you are getting any power to the control circuits. Are you sure that you have power at the end of the plug in lead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks for trying