George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My mother's Bosch dish washer dispenser no longer shuts, and

Hi there. My mother's Bosch dish washer dispenser no longer shuts, and she is just out of guarantee! I cannot afford to buy a new one right now. Any advice on how to fix or bodge a repair? Also, how important are they - if she just lays the tablets on a saucer, does that give good enough results? Many thanks!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Roger, my name is George,

The cause could be one of a few things:

1. worn latch
  2. stuck solenoid
  3. stuck actuator arm
  4. door out of shape

Regarding a fix... Firstly we would need to determine what of the above has taken place and then rectify that by replacing the respective part, or you could opt to replace the complete dispenser.

Importance... The dispenser is used to dispatch the detergent at the correct time.. This is usually about 10mins into the cycle..

It is possible, as you have suggested, to place the tablet on a saucer near to where the tablet would normally lie once dispensed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,I think the problem lies with the blue catch (is that what you mean by the actuator arm?). I think we are going to have to make do with the soap and saucer idea! It's very cross making; Bosch have clearly priced their soap dispensers so as to give customers every encouragement to buy a new dish washer! Thanks for trying to help me.

The actuator arm is at the rear of the dispenser inside the door.. To get at it you would need to dismantle the door.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.