George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a creda Europa gas oven the electrical power to the

I have a creda Europa gas oven the electrical power to the rear of the oven is shorting and blowing the fuse. Inside the power supply panel the mains line goes into a ceramic block then through a component to a second output. The component is a red disc with 2 wires, looks like a capacitor but has burnt out. What is it? and can I replace it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Can you photograph the component and post it for me to see please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately the oven has been put back into it's recess and I cannot get to the back now. Also, because of it's age and overall condition I have decided to go ahead and replace the oven so I have just ordered a new one. Thanks again for your response,
Steve

Ok Steve, by the sounds of what you described it was an interference suppressor.

If you decide to repair it and pass it on then feel free to come back, but then try post an image for me.

regards

George