Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have two Zanussi Lindo 1000 condenser driers but they are

Customer Question

I have two Zanussi Lindo 1000 condenser driers but they are extremely slow to dry towels and sheets. I got them in November last year. My other AEG dries a load of towels in 1hr 10mins but the Zanussi takes over 3 hours to do the same thing. Am I setting it wrongly?
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old are your driers and do they get a lot of use?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I bought the driers in November/December last year. They do get a fair bit of use but no more than my other one at home.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi thanks for that info, are they both taking that long to fry ?

Also can you check for me I need you to run them for 10 minutes on a high heat setting( not Perm Press) then let me knwo if they feel hot inside?

Or if the feel hot and damp? Humid?

And do both of these driers vnt out through the same outdoor vent?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, both dryers are condensers. I will get back to you on the other questions. I will need to go to the laundry.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thats fine,

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello again, I have tried one machine on cotton, blacked out sun symbol and 90 for 10 minutes empty. Did not feel hot inside.
The other one on the same settings but with six towels in it again it did not feel hot just warmish damp
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that information. DO they both vent out the same outside venting system?

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** in the UK - I think I need to intervene here as you seem to be getting taken down the wrong track - these are condenser dryers they do not have an outside vent. Secondly you haven't asked the obvious which is are they heat pump dryers or normal condenser dryers. Without such clear insight into the product how can the customer be informed of the way forward. The most glaring thing here is that the customer still has about 5 months of manufacturer warranty and should be directed back to them first.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, they are both heat pump dryers. They are still under warranty although the shop I bought them from on Islay has closed down (Hydro Electric).

Hi Customer - firstly let me apologise for the incorrect information supplied at the beginning, unfortunately my American college is not familiar with European warranties nor the European heat pump dryer. Heat pump dryers by their nature are a balance between economy and effeciency. The heating area on a heatpump dryer works at a much lower temperature vs a conventional dryer which means that they take considerably longer to dry the cloths. The upside is that they use less emergy over the life of the dryer. Its a compromise that you have to accept or else go back to a normal dryer with an electric heating element as you would have with the AEG. I hope that explains your original query - if you feel that the original information was unhelpful post on here and I will forward your points to my superiors - Ian

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Ian, that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately not too good for my laundry. Thank you very much for your advice.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It would be sensible for UK engineers to answer UK problem. I don't want to cause anyone any problems but I do appreciate your help. I would give you a 5 star rating. Thanks Linda

I have had this discussion a number of times with our moderators but its an American company If you feel that monies were given to the wrong expert feel free to send an email to '*****@******.***' and someone will surely contact you to discuss - I thank you for your 5 star rating which is much appreciated from a personal point of view. Regarding the heat pump dryers - I'm not totally convinced that this is progress, its abit like the old washing machines that used to do a 'proper' wash in 45 mins then we got super economy machines that take 3 hours. Is this progress? Anyway thanks for using JA and have a great day.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I will write to support and discuss this with them. Thank you for the link.

Thank you for the heads-up, take care and have a great weekend. -- Ian