George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Taken over a Samsung SVS2026CVW from a relative -stood week

Customer Question

Taken over a Samsung SVS2026CVW from a relative -stood for a week after transit. Now on switch on it goes down to settings OK but then does not reactivate cooling unless power is turned off, then on again. Readings then jump up from settings and compressor kicks in - but on reaching settings doesn't move until power off/on again??
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 9 months ago.

Hello Derek, my name is George,

When you initially turn on the appiance, the appliance will go into auto-defrost mode.. You will need to wait until it comes out of this mode before resuming normal activities with the appliance. (Normally 10 - 20 mins)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've had 5 days of running now, so should be past the 10-20 mins - but it still won't restart unless turned off and on again. The freezer temp goes down to -20 as set, but stays there (-20 flashes after some time, but on restart goes up to current temp as motor kicks in at the same time?looks to me as though the door panel isn't sending a signal to the motor?

Can you check on the model number you gave... is it an SRS not SVS model?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Definitely SR-S2026CVW. - sorry - my brick...

Ah haaaa !! no wonder I could not find it.

Ok, I suggest that you replace the defrost sensor and check the defrost heater and thermal fuse on the evaporator.. Then if checking these out and replacing the sensor does not work you'll need to have the PCB either repaired or replaced.

The board switching system runs on relays together with sensors... The relays power is reliant on capacitors.. If the capacitor is defective then the power to the relay is then not sufficient to switch the relay and therein a trail of errors starts to occur.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for that- advice, or your reaction, please: can I find a local man who can do the frost sensor, and then go on to the board as needed -or, counting call outs, am I getting closer to one of these national advert firms that want £175, but will then fix anything (except re-gassing, which doesn't look a high probability here, as once it IS switched on, it runs fine down to the set temp.)
If local man is your preference - how do I set about finding him ?

Send me your postcode

.

Before continuing, I must ask you to now please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

Once I have your postcode, I will then give you what engineer details I can and you can ring them direct to ascertain repair costs

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Postcode SK4 3H.Rated....
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Presumably looking for Stockport, or Manchester...

Here are 3 guys that I know of that cover your area, however, I don't know their charges:

.

S J Burns Domestic Appliance Repairs
12 St Andrews Close
Stockport
Phone: 07956 503856

.
East Lancs Domestic Appliance Repairs
6 Ashendean View
Burnley
Phone: 01282 708900
Mobile: 07976 356629

.

ASI Engineering*****br />Ewloe
Phone: ***********
Mobile: ***********