Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a question about a waco MSP 702 invertor - we were on

Customer Question

I have a question about a waco MSP 702 invertor - we were on a campsite last night and the mains power failed, so we turned the invertor on. The mains power then come back on and off a few times in rapid succession. We thought we smelt a "burning" smell - but checked the compartment where all the electrics reside and there appeared to be no problem.
When trying the inverter today, it does not work. I have restarted and after a long sequence of bleeps, the power status indicator stays red and the input level stats green.
Not sure what to try next!!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael, that particular model now needs a new power MOSFET. It is an inexpensive part, and is easily replaced by any electronic technician. If you have soldering rework experience, I can walk you through this repair. But if you dont have that experience and equipment It would be best handled by a local repair shop.

If this unit is less that 1 year old please let me know.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael - the inverter is about 6 years old. I live in UK, but I am in Norway at the moment. I can't solder! Is the MOSFET a part that would have to be ordered from Waeco - or is it a standard item?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Try this site first I know its a US site but hopefully they will ship to you.

Please let me know on that

www.digikey.com

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should i just be able to get the part at a waeco dealer?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes you can try that, but they used to Not deal with consumers , only shops ;-(

Let me know how that goes?

http://www.waeco.com/International/

Tech Michael