Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Panasonic nrb53v2. 5yrs old. story, 6months ago. Fridge

Customer Question

Panasonic nrb53v2. 5yrs old. History, 6months ago. Fridge sensor and fan replaced by Repaircare, cost 200£. It has been OK until 2weeks ago then the freezer went to -23instead of 20 and the fridge to 8 degrees, i.e. The same fault as before. I defrosted for about 60hrs and things were ok until the fault has occurred again. It's a good job we have a spare freezer to use.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

You should have a 12 month warranty on that repair from Repaircare, I would contact them and see if they will come back and sort it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The warranty was for 90 days only

Have you still got the invoice and part numbers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

OK are you getting any error codes in the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found the repair note which says the work carried out to replace the sensor on the evaporator and reporting a noisy fan motor , this was replaced on another visit.

OK to clarifiy, the visit where the fan motor and the evaporator sensor was replaced was because you had the problems that you have currently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could it be that the new sensor fitted has gone faulty? If so I have just noted that there is a 365 day guarantee on any parts replaced .

Yes the problem with your appliance is that the system pcb isnt being told by the defrost sensor that it has reached the restart temperature. What then happens the thing goes into default mode - the give away is that the freezer temperature default is -23.4 and the fridge 8.1 - does that ring a bell?? Let me know which defrost sensor he changed was it the fridge or the freezer and I can give you the part number of the item you need and then talk you through the repair. Its a lot cheaper than getting a free sensor and having to pay someone £150 to fix it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the fridge sensor that he replaced I watched him do it. The hardest bit of the job seemed to the removal of the panels to get access. The part number would be a great help and as you say a lot cheaper thankyou. The readings are now -24 and 8 . It's back to the standby freezer again ,we never used to have these problems with the old technology, and my beer was always at the correct temperature, defrosting was a bit of a pain tho!

OK give me about five mins and I'll get into the Panasonic site, its like getting into the Fort Knox !!

OK here you go the part number for the fridge defrost sensor is - CNRAG162610 - sells at just below £6. If you need help to do it come back to me but its just a case of taking the back covers off and replacing the sensor and you should be good to go. In the meantime would you kindly rate the help given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, you can come back me at anytime later if you need further help by just logging on. Thanks for using JA and have a great weekend - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fridge sensor I ordered arrived today , the question is where is it located and how do I get to it?

I'll come back to you later Alex just heading off to work now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the sensor hidden behind insulation on the panel in the fridge at the back and put new one in. It will take some time to tell if the repair is successful. As the thing has been switched off for over 4 days it's certain that ice build up has not been the problem, fingers crossed! Thanks for your help. Alex

Pleased you got it sorted - come back to me if you need further help - Ian