Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko wmb81241 lw washing won't open please can you help

Hi Kevin my beko wmb81241 lw washing won't open please can you help
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is the washer still full of water?

If you select a spin only cycle do you hear the pump running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no water inside. I have just put it on a spin a do can here the pump.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if the water has drained out then turn the washer off and wait a few minutes and if the door still isnt opening then give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist and see if this shocks the door into opening.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. I've switched it on and the pause button is showing on the spin cycle. If I press the pause button it starts the spin cycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I move the dial nothing changes it just stays showing the spin cycle
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you press and hold the start button for several seconds it will reset the cycle.

Wait till it stops and again give it a few minutes and see if the door clicks and opens.

If not then again give the door a bang and see if it opens.

If not then remove the plug from the socket and wait a few minutes and then again try the door and bang it and see if it opens.

If after all the above its still not opening and it has drained the water out then its more then likely the door lock at fault as doing the above if it was anything else will get the door open.

What you need to do on this is pull the washer out and unplug it.

Remove the top and then look don the front on the inside on the right and there you will see the door lock.

Reach down there and feel the left of the lock and there you will feel the metal door pin.

Push this to the left and at the same time pull the door and see if it opens then.

But if after all the above its still wont open then you need to reach down and hold the lock and break it off from there. Wiggle it up and down forwards and backwards and then it will break off the lugs. Then you can get the door open.

Then from there you will have to replace the door lock to cure this from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks it's finished its spin and the door didn't open. I hit it and the padlock sign disappeared but still the door doesn't open!! I'll try temoving the top tomorrow. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, If the padlock sign is off then it should release the door. So try that when you can and see how it goes from there.

Good luck with it.