Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a bosch Gs40 vacuum. I opened the appliance lid to

I have a bosch Gs40 vacuum. I opened the appliance lid to upright position to check the collecting unit and I now cannot close it.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Bosch Vacuum?

Also may I have the FULL model # ***** I can help you correctly?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its three months old.
Model # *****
The plastic lid is stuck open.
It feels like if I press it too hard something will break
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes I understand. On that one they had a bad part and you will likely break it if you push too hard on the door.

Unfortunately you need to exchange that one, but the best way to do considering it's early age is to call Bosch using the contact method on the warranty card or in the user manual, its in both locations. They won't charge you anything to replace the vacuum or make the repair ;-)

They are already aware of this issue as well.

And since its so new you wouldnt want to void the warranty by replacing anything since this one has a full 1 year warranty from Bosch;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael