Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Beko DRVT61W tumble dryer. Power is on but when I

I have a Beko DRVT61W tumble dryer. Power is on but when I push the start button I here a click but the drum does not turn. I don't think it is the condenser. What else could it be?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Would you kindly let me have the product code that is on the rating plate in the door frame area - Thanks - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK leave it with me the Beko engineer site has crashed so I will come back to you as soon is it is up and running - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK back up and running - do you have a multimeter or volt meter that you can use to check for power at different parts of the appliance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not something I own

OK then without some means of checking for voltages we are just whistling in the wind, there are basically only three things to a dryer, the motor, heater and main pcb. If either of these fail you will get the same result. Without being able to confirm that power is getting to the components you will just end up changing a lot of expensive components with a hope and a prayer. If you can borrow on or get a friedn who knows how to use one I can tell you where to test. Othersise its really wasting money.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian I will have one tomorrow and will get back to you

No worries, I will be here with the exception of cutting the lawn !! If you are buying a new one, you only need one that will measure volts AC - resistance and continuity (its got a beeper)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back again. The only multi-meter I could source measures DC & AC voltage, DC Current, Resistance & Diodes

OK if you put it on diode and put the two probe tips together does it beep?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No beep display shows 1 - will be out for 10mins

OK