George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Starts filling water but drum doesn't spin on any setting

starts filling water but drum doesn't spin on any setting
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 9 months ago.

Hello Anthony, my name is George,

Can you tell me the ENR of the appliance please. This will be on a label stuck on the inside of the door or on the door opening; if it can't be found there, then look on the fascia panel, or rear of the appliance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
wfl2063gb/12 fd 8311 600637

Are there any lights lit or flashing on the front panel?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just the normal lights,no flashing lights

First point to check is the belt.

Please remove the rear panel to check that the belt is still in situ on the motor & pulley

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is

Whilst the appliance is sat and should be rotating, is there a click from behind the fascia panel every so often (Motor Relay)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Please remove the motor from the appliance and check the condition of the brushes at the rear of the motor and change them if they are lower in length than 15mm

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
having difficulty removing motor -i have removed the two nuts from front of motor but can't see how to take out whatever is securing rear of motor

Once the bolts are removed from the front, the motor should slide towards you.... It will be very tight and may need carefully prising

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
carbon brushes less than 7 millimetres
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you know where i could purchase them

BINGO !!

That is your problem. Replace them, ensuring that you get the correct angle when putting the replacements in.

Original Bosch Parts

The link above will take you to the part.

DISCOUNT
If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:
To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code id1975 to get a discount

You can buy the cheaper non-original versions if you prefer, however, they are harder on the motor of your appliance

Would you like me to locate some for you?

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair