Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Hotpoint Aquarius WDL756 P has no power coming through

Customer Question

My Hotpoint Aquarius WDL756 P has no power coming through .Checked fuse and socket both OK and no red power light showing on machine ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the power supply is fine then you need to remove the top panel of the washer.

There in the back right corner you will see the mains filter with the power cable going to it. Check the wiring on there as this can burn on these. If so then the mains cable needs to be replaced and the wires retagged.

But if the mains filter is fine then you need to remove the back cover at the bottom on the back.

There on the left hand side you will see the control board.

Take this out and open the plastic casing. From there inspect the board and see if theres signs of burning on there. Also check for slugs as well. As we get a lot of slugs getting on the boards and shorting it out and it causes this fault.

If it is the board then it will need to be replaced and progarmmed up. Now the cheaper option is Hotpoint themselfs. As they do a fixed price repair for £110 all in. They will call out and replace the board and program it with there laptop as new boards are sold blank. This is actually cheaper then you buying the part yourself belive it or not.

But check the mains filter first as this is an easy fix then boards. But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer then it will close the question down.