Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Zanussi dishwasher that is make a 'rumbling noise'

Hi, we have a Zanussi dishwasher that is make a 'rumbling noise' as a previous question however we accidentally turned it on this morning with the water feed turned off! And when we tried again this afternoon with the water back on it is failing to work and can only be turned off at the mains switch, any suggestions? I feel it is something serious!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The rumbling noise you hear is it the drain pump running all the time?

If you open the door and pore a jug water in there and close the door again does it pump the water out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but like I said, I have to turn the washer on and off at the wall
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok what has happened here is water has leaked into the base which has activated the flood switch which then keeps the pump running all the time. Thats why you cannot turn it off without unplugging it.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will clear the water from the base so you will need a towel for that part.

Then stand it up right and retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a on off overfill that caused this.

But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix to cure this. You need to remove both side panels and from there you can check the hoses and try and see were the leak is from.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that info Daniel, I will try this tomorrow and let you know.
Tony
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries Tony.

Hopefully you will sort it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel, thanks for the information and and advice, it was a bit awkward and fiddly to get the unit out and back in as we'd had new flooring fitted since the kitchen was refurbed, but I managed it and the problem appears sorted!!How do I go about paying the additional charge for this service??Tony