George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a NEFF integrated dishwasher (E-Nr: S54M45X5GB/93).

Customer Question

Hi - I have a NEFF integrated dishwasher (E-Nr: S54M45X5GB/93). The Red tap symbol has come on - I suspect because water supply was cut off part way through cycle. I have tried reseting, turned off at switch etc. There is no water inside the dishwasher, and no water inside the exit pipe to the drains. Is there anything else I can do to reset the machine? thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 9 months ago.

Hello Nigel, my name is George..

Can you tell me if the pump is running on the appliance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi George, you'll have to bear with me, I'm not very technical in this area, but when I turn it on, the usual sounds are heard, but then the tap light comes on and everything stops. How can I tell if the pump is working?

the sound of the pump is the first sound that you hear at the start of a program.. it lasts for approx 10-20 secs

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thats working, sounds lasted for about 17 secs

Ok, then the most likely issue is that the Aquastop has failed or is blocked.

The Aquastop is the electronic device on the inlet hose. Try This:

Turn off the water at the plumbing valve

Unscrew the Aquastop from the plumbing valve (to release the pressure at that end..)

Check inside the connection to ensure it is free from debris.

Reconnect the Aquastop to the plumbing

Turn the water back on

Test the dishwasher program again

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, so i disconnected the Aquastop, nothing is blocking it. But is was quite warm, and is making a buzzing noise when I run the program again. The red tap symbol still comes on. It looks like this unit can be taken apart - is that a good idea and are they fixable, or should it be replaced?

Attached is a diagram.. I have circled the Aquastop and the Flow Meter.

If you remove the left side panel of the appliance you will see the Flow Meter at the bottom near the back.

I would firstly check the connection at the Flow Meter, then replace the Flow Meter if the connection is good; then if the problem persists, replace the Aquastop.. or Just replace both at the same time.

I would not advise that you try to repair the current Aquastop. I do not consider them repairable.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, thanks. How do I see/view the attachment, I can't see it anywhere in your response

Sorry, I forgot to attach it..

It is linked now linked below.

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks George, I'll try the and let you know

You are very welcome.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've replaced the flow meter, but I still get the same issue and red tap symbol. I'm looking to see if I can find an aquastop online to replace.

Ok Nigel