Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a zbb6284 fridge/freezer which has no drain in the

We have a zbb6284 fridge/freezer which has no drain in the fridge compartment but has water pooling in the bottom. How can this be rectified?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** would you kindly let me have the PNC a nine or eleven number code that is on the rating plate inside the f/freezer. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
925 694 690 - 02

Many thanks just looking at the specs

According to the diagrams for this model you should have a small hole at the rear of the inner fridge liner, sometimes it has a round thing sticking out of it. Can you see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep. Located it just about the bottom shelf

OK do you have a steamer or wallpaper stripper?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, neither
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would that help fix a fridge?

OK usually what causes this problem is a built up of paper or a pea stuck in the defrost water drain pipe. If you put a kettle steamer or the end of a wallpaper stripper pipe into the drain pipe you can high pressure steam out the blockage. If however you havent we will have to do it this way. Take everything out of the fridge and boil a kettle. With towels below the hole pour hot water into the hole very slowly until it starts to drain away - come back to me with your resulst.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to be draining away. Will keep an eye on it over the coming days

OK good amazing what hot water will do, also slightly tilt the fridge backwards this improves the drain flow. Think this is all we can do for the time being so will you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at anytime for further help if needed. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian