George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Softener compartment won't empty on timeline 1400

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the MODEL and PNC of the appliance please. This will be on a label stuck on the inside of the door or on the door opening; if it can't be found there, then look on the fascia panel, or rear of the appliance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model ZWD 1480
PNC###-##-####

If you remove the Detergent Drawer, then remove the syphon unit.. Check the areas that I have indicated in the diagram in the link below.. Check for congealed detergent or blockages in the areas highlighted in yellow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned these areas before and water is flowing freely through the tubes & there is no gunge in the areas shown on 148

Ok, thank you for that information...

In that case, the fault then lies with the electronic water inlet valve set part number(###) ###-####which is now replaced by part number(###) ###-####/p>

The part is available at this link

DISCOUNT
If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:
To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code id1975 to get a discount

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get access to this valve?

If you remove the lid, the valve is at the rear right of the appliance looking at it from the front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help, I have placed an order for the part as suggested

You are very welcome.
I would appreciate a reciprocation of the assistance I have given you; you can do this by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page