Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Zanussi ZWHB 7160P and it is taking ages to finish

I have a Zanussi ZWHB 7160P and it is taking ages to finish cycle, it then goes back to the original number of minutes with the green light on so I can' t open the door, I then have to put it on a rinse cycle.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your washer?

Also what cycles seem to be taking longer if you know?

Will the door open if you run a rinse cycle only?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 years old, washes are mainly cotton and on 40 or 60 degrees quick wash which is 1 hour 11 mins (it is 2 hours 22mins but I press the quick wash button so it is done in half the time)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for that info,

On this one, and I know it well, the main control console has failed internally timing wise:-(

It's easy to replace if you are a little handy and have some basic hand tools ;-)

I will help you all the way.

Let me knwo on that, otherwise since it is so new you shoudl call Zanussi using the phone contact # ***** your user manaul and also on your warranty card, if you cant locate that let me knwo and I will find you a # ***** will work, it will just be much quicker if you use the info from those two sources ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have managed to open the door after it spun out, what do I need to do now?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi did it open normally or did you need to force it?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

You will need a new main control board. if you can do the work, no soldering required and pretty easy for most hany people to do.

The best place to order that main control board is:http://www.espares.co.uk/

Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Once you have that part I will instruct you on this repair ;-)

Please rate kindy at this time so I can remain with you until we are done and the machine is working as it should.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It opened normally, the green light went out and the machine made the bleep sound which lets you know it had finished. On the wash cycle it just went back to the start number of minutes and the green light was on so door wouldn't open.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi did you see my previous post?

You will need a new main control board to fix this one.

I have done many lol.

In my last post (which you should be able to see, I explain where to order that part as well. Please let me know if you have trouble seeing that post?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

In order to get this machine to work correctly you will need a new main board, if you dont replace that part, the problems will get worse for sure.

Tech Michael