KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Sharp LC46LE600E has refused to come out of standby mode.

My Sharp LC46LE600E has refused to come out of standby mode. Please advise if there is anything I can do to recover. Thank you.
Ken

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... how old is it and does it flash on standby mode ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, the TV is six years old. No, it has a steady red standby light. Thank you

OK try to reset it ... unplug the TV for around 5 minutes after this press and hold the volume down and channel down button on the TV (not remote) and simultaneously plug it back... let me know if it works

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attempted the reset but no change in the standby light. Thanks. Ken

OK the problem seems to be with the power board that is bad and will need replacement... it is likely that the capacitors are blown however, replacing the board is recommended repair... it will cost around £130 including labor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, I would be happy to go ahead with the recommendation to replace the power board. Are you available for this service, please? I am in SE London. Thank you. Ken

You can contact curry's or call http://www.tv-repair-london.co.uk/ to get a repair quote

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wrote a review yesterday