johnnn40
johnnn40, Customer Service
Experience:  service and repair of home and commercial appliances
22250861

We have a Caple under counter wine chiller that is approx 3

Customer Question

Hi we have a Caple under counter wine chiller that is approx 3 years old. Last December we had to have a new door fitted because there was an issue with condensation building up between the glass panel. This did not come cheap at £148.00. Since then this appliance as stopped working altogether! It makes all the relevant noises but it has stopped chilling completely. I have now switched the appliance off altogether.
I'm totally disappointed with this item and of course my warranty has expired. Your early reply would be grateful, as we speak i have just turned it on with the hope that it may come to life again.
Lynda Tyndale-biscoe
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

Inspect the condenser coil radiator for a layer of dust blocking the air flow through it.

Remove any debris you find with a ShopVac. If the unit doesn't start cooling again, please notify me.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the advice but I'm not able to locate the condenser coil radiator as it's built into my kitchen units. There is a vent at the bottom of the unit but I'm unable to pull this away.
Expert:  johnnn40 replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you. It can probably be removed by loosening screws around the edge You find some help at www.capel.com.uk.