JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch HME9750GB combi microwave oven. It made a

Hi Michael
I have a Bosch HME9750GB combi microwave oven. It made a popping sound and tripped the mcb last night and now when reset the led display lights up and then slowly fades away. I have checked both fuses on the main board and they are okay..any ideas?
Cheers Ross
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ross, thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** will assist with your query today.

The fault in the microwave sounds like diode or PCB power module failure, the popping noise you heard is often associated with a magnetron problem, an educated guess would be the magnetron failed which caused a surge which damaged the diode or PCB, which in turn tripped your MCB.

Unfortunately this doesnt sound like an economical repair, since you have already checked the fuses, the next place to start would be checking the diode with a multi meter, the spare can be sourced from here (if found to be faulty). You cant easily test the magnatron until you have the power circuit working, however the PCB costs circa £150, the magnatron £100, so would advise against repairing the unit if the diode appears to be functioning.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James, thanks for the response. I removed the PCB and found that one of the tracks for a relay on the board are blown. I see where you are coming from and it could turn out to be a costly repair. It has given us good service so I think it's time for a new one.CheersRoss