Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have indesit pwc8148w washer. Currently not pumping the

I have indesit pwc8148w washer.
Currently not pumping the water out. I have opened and cleaned the filter and removed 6 grips and a metal bra strap! Still refusing to pump out.
Checked outlet pipe it is trying but not much water is being ejected. Blue lights are flashing. If I set for wash it runs the wash until pump out time then reverts to flashing.
If I set to pump out, immediate fail and blue lights.
What more can I do. Is it possible for me to remove the outlet hose to check if it is clear. If so how do I get to it. Thanks Richard
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

If you remove the filter again and look inside the chamber were the filter goes at the back in there you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the impeller up and stopping it from turning. As the impeller should ping round in stages.

Check that first and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the x is clear and I can ping it round in stages

Ok when you set it going on a spin cycle to drain the water out do you actually hear the pump running at the bottom?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now start/pause is flashing yellow. There are a series of clicks then nothing for approximately 1 minute then start/pause flashes blue and extra rinse easy iron cool wash. I can hear the pump making making what I can only describe as attemting to work like a chugging sound
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have opened filter housing and the x is spinning

Ok if the pump is running but not draining and the waste hose is clear as well then the blockage will be in te sump hose. This is the hose that goes from the tub to the pump.

You need to pull the washer out and lie it on its back.

From there you will see the black hose going from the tub to the pump.

Remove the hose from the drum end and clear out the debris from in there.

Once its all clear refit the hose and stand it up right and retry the washer and fingers crossed this will will sort the draining out from there.

As with the pump clear and running then it can only be a blocakge in the sump hose or waste hose on this washer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry about the delay. I have done as you asked that went well and no blockage was found. I have reconnected the pipes and fired the machine up. I cannot get it to start in drain mode. I tried the spin mode that went well at the end of the cycle the end light flashed green but the red door lock remained on then all blue lights started to flash.
I have switched off for a further couple of minutes and refired on wash 13 sport shoes as I think this is the shortest. So far so good water going in and pumping out. I will stay in front of the machine to watch what happens.
On a good note more fun than football.

Ha ha gives you a break from the football does it.

Fingers crossed this may be fine for you now.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I'm honest I never thought that would work, I started to doubt the door lock but it has completed the cycle and come to end lock light gone out all appeats well. Thank you