Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a zanissi zdt6053 that is starting but nor correctly

Customer Question

I have a zanissi zdt6053 that is starting but nor correctly running it's cycle. It's humming for ages . Filling and running at first but stopping and and saying end of cycle too quickly
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

What actually happens when you set it going?

Does it start to fill with water?

If so then once its filled is this when you hear the humming noise?

Do you at any poit hear the wash motor kick in and spray the water around?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi when I start cycle it hums . Takes around 5 minutes to start fill cycle. Then starts spray cycle but stops before dispensing pellet
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok so its humming for about 5 mins before it starts to fill with water is this correct?

If so then is the humming noise the drain pump running for that time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just tested again on a short cycle and then on a 50 bio cycle. Hum runs for 6 mins . Can't hear pumping but yes believe so . Cycle then starts and you can hear spray and water then it stops before dispensing soap. I left for 30 mins and when opened the soap has not dispenses and the cycle finished light is red and the cycle selection light is flashing but cycle has not completed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok when it stops like this is the end of cycle light flashing (arrow light)?

If so then count the number of flashes from it inbetween the pause and let me know.