KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My dishwasher leaks in cycle not all the time it could go

My dishwasher leaks in cycle not all the time it could go for a few days and work fine then the next time in the middle of cycle its flooding floor
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... with the dishwasher unplugged pull it out and then remove the base panel of the appliance, now try to clean everything and then lay the dishwasher on its back so that excess water is removed...also closely inspect for any broken gaskets etc
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John I had already took the bottom panel of yes there was a very very small amount of water the white foam gasket was still dry that swells up and cut of micro switch I'm when this leaks I think it's flowing through the bottom of door I checked the door seals and they seme fine I checked pump for Forn objects all clear it only happen now and a gain but when it happens the busser alarm goes of and the water is going all over the floor I would love if you could put your finger on it and cut out the geues work best regards gaby

Gabriel, how old is this dishwasher and when it leaks does it also give any error ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kevin The dishwasher is around 5years old it's fully integrated still in good nick yes the error flashes and as far as I remember the code is 13 and it says check inlet or outlet I have checked out let all is clear I also cut down the water pressure just a wee fraction in case the speed flow was to high and the meter wasn't fit to handle flow I don't want to put words in your mouth but is I possible it a faulty speed meter Kevin I'm only talking as a friend don't take the wrong meaning out of my spake you know we Irish have a different way of saying but getting to the point this machine Could go for a few days or some times go for 2or3 weeks this is a baffled to me Kevin I wish you luck maybe we'll get lucky bestregards gaby .

I understand Gaby... the error code indicates problem with inlet not the outlet... you can check the inlet valve .. to do this turn off the water supply and check the hose, also check the filters... if everything is fine then the problem is with the flow meter, if you can test it with a multimeter...also check the inlet valve with the meter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kevin I'll check it out and get back to you it could be a few weeks as we are going away for a few days I appreciate your help if it's the meter were home and dry best for now gaby

Gaby let me know how it goes when you have checked it... happy holidays :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin got back from the wee break took another look at dishwasher this time instead of just looking in at bottom took out machine and checked gaskets and seals and found a corroded Banjo clip poked it and it was broken it has been leaking for some time replaced it checked flow meter and put the machine back in everything back to normal I think we have got rid of the demons good work Kevin hi five for your help bestregards gaby