Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Morning, I have a siemans fridge freezer. The freezer is

Customer Question

Morning, I have a siemans fridge freezer. The freezer is working but there is a whole load of ice at the bottom but the bread on the middle shelves is not frozen
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you give me the full ENr for you product please, its on a rating lable inside the fridge compartment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ka56nv40ne/05

Thank you did the engineer actually change any parts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, he felt it was was working. He checked the fan in the freezer but wondered about the control unit

Copy and paste the following link into your browser -- http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/sparepart/finder/detail/KA56NV40NE/05#/tab=spare-section-3 -- then go to 'spare parts list and exploded diagrams' then page 4. If you look at the exploded diagram you need your engineer (or you) to check out items numbered 0402 which is the defrost heater, item 0403 defrost sensor and item 0405 thermal fuse. These three components look after the defrosting system. A multimeter will be required to test them out. I expect that one or more of these will be faulty - if they all check out OK then it will either be the control pcb or its wiring to the heater. Usually one of those mentioned. I think we have gone as far as we can for the time being so could I ask you to rate the information sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done you can come back to me on a FOC basis just log back on to your question. Thanks for using JA and have a good day - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A pleasure, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further informations requests are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a good day - Ian

Could I have a rating please then I can shut the job down on the system. Thanks - Ian