KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

AP 56-8 built in double oven. Top oven working ok. Bottom

AP 56-8 built in double oven. Top oven working ok. Bottom oven oven and grill not working nor interior light or fan
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer ....if it is complete dead and the fan is not working it is likely the door switch or the element that is bad and will need replacement
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin - the top oven/grill works if the door is open or shut. Is it not the same with bottom oven? therefore unlikely to be door switch. I assume there is an element for the grill and one for the oven - is it likely for both to fail together?

Sorry for late response...I think it is the grill element that has failed and will need replacement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin - if the grill element has failed why would that affect the fan, the oven and the light also? Surely it has to be something that affects all four components of the bottom oven (grill, oven light and fan) but not affect any part of top oven/grill which continues to work ok

If the clock was set and is not on auto.... and top oven is working fine and bottom oven is completely dead then take off the back panel and test with a multimeter that power is getting to the unit... if not then it is the clock assembly which will need replacement

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will check

sure please let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin, have now by-passed timer assembly and lower oven working ok.
Do you know where I can get a replacement timer for this model?
It's quite old and I can't find a manufacture date on the appliance.

You can buy the parts from Bosch ... http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/