Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've a WT540. No indicator illumination at on/off switch.

Customer Question

I've a WT540. No indicator illumination at on/off switch. Power is going in
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you are not getting any lights on the front then its more then likely the rear control board at the back at the bottom rather then the front display board.

But first check the mains filter were the power cable goes. Remove the top and you will see the mains filter in the back right corner. Check the wiring block on there as this can burn out and cuts the power.

But if thats fine and the fuse is fine in the plug as well then its more then likely the control board at the back at the bottom as this can blow and it cuts power out to the complete washer on these.

Hope this helps you but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked the mains filter and its fine. I'll try the control board. Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If the mains filter is fine then it will be the control board as the power goes into the mains filter and the down to the control board.

Then this sends the power out to the other parts.

Now just check the wiring block to the front board incase or bad connections. But its very very rare these fail with no power as this is nearly always the main control board that causes this.

If you are after a new board you can try these as they sell refubished boards that come programmed ready to fit as new boards are sold blank so you need to buy the programming kit which isnt worth it as its more then the washer is.

Click here for the refurbished boards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

If you need anymore info just get back to me. But if not then if you could rate the answer that will close the question.