Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Bosch dishwasher SMS50TO2GB/09 FD9305 Mice have chewed

Customer Question

Bosch dishwasher SMS50TO2GB/09 FD9305 Mice have chewed through the waste pipe! I have bought the right replacement, but I can't find a way in to fit it. I can get the plastic holding the water inlet off, but no further than that. What do I do next please ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is the estimated repsonse time of 8 minutes which has been on my screen for the past 45 minutes just a computer joke ?!
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Sorry for the wait. Have you disconnected the old waste pipe from the machine or under the sink? Have you removed the dishwasher or is it still in place?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The dishwasher is completely disconnected, power, water, waste pipe, though the waste pipe has been disconnected by the mice. The last few inches of the waste pipe are still in the machine because I can't get at the connection.

Does it not connect on the bottom of the machine? You should be able to access the connection by removing the access plate at the bottom, front. Right below the door. No?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You're probably right, Mike, but how do I get it off ? I've tried pulling with the door open at various points, but no joy so far.

It is hard to see unless you get right down there but there are two screws holding the plate on. Either that or just tip the dishwasher on it's side since you have it out already.....but any water still in it will spill out if you do that.

The connection for the drain hose should be held on by a hose clamp.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll leave it for tonight Mike and have another go in the morning.

Excellent.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good Ming Mike. I've taken the front panel off below the door. The casing is solid behind it and there are no connections there. What next ?!

That panel should come off. If you have removed the screws then there are two plates. One is not very tall and the other kind of slides up in behind the door a bit and has insulation glued to it. Are you sure it will not come off with a little jiggling?

Sorry for the delayed response. I was off on a service call.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did get the front panel off, but there was no access behind it. Everything was solid casing.

The very front at the very bottom? Held by two screws? That other plate should come out also.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think you're talking abut a different machine. There are no screws on the bottom front plate, just plastic catches. And no screws at all behind it. I'm going to bed !!

I will open this up to other experts and opt out. I think this will go much faster for you with an expert that is online at the same time as you. My responses are much too delayed to get you a timely answer because I have not been online at the same time. No need to respond and certainly no need to rate my service. Another expert should be responding by morning. Thanks, Mike

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 5 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** in the UK - do you still want help with this problem ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please. But I will be out until around 11am. I assume you've read the stuff so far, which hasn't got me anywhere !

No worries I have afew service calls to make so I should be back just after 12 noon. I will come back to you with a diagram and we can go through it together - Ian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's quite a long time after 12 !

Sorry I thought you were going to ping me when you got home -- copy and paste the following link into your browser --

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/ActiveWaterDishwasher60cm/SMS50T02GB/09 then spare parts list & diagrams then page 4 & 5 show the illustrated diagrams covering the drain hose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've found the diagrams. They don't tell me how to get inside the machine to connect a drain hose.

OK you have to take off the top and then remove the left hand side panel which will give you access to the inside connection, from memory it connects directly into the water tank on the left. Its then just a case of removing the damaged one and replacing it with the new one.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. An answer at last ! It's too late for me now but I'll have a go in the morning.

OK no worries, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done feel free to come back to me tomorrow if you run into difficulties as all information requests are free of charge once this rating is received. Thanks for using JA and have a good evening - Ian