Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an integrated neff fidge freezer model type

I have an integrated neff fidge freezer model type k4254x7gb/02 that will not reach the desired fridge temperature of 4 degrees and the 4 degree light keeps flashing, the doors fit and close fine and there is no build up of ice in either the fridge of freezer, can you give me a heads up as to what the problem could be please
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Mick - if you put the appliance on fast/super freeze does it then get down to the correct temperature?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, tried that too
Mick

OK is the compressor at the back hot to the touch and which refrigerant is it using R134a or R600a which will be on the label on the compressor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's integrated, would I have to take it out of the housing to answer the question?

OK let me explain, if you hit the super freeze this bypasses the thermostatic control and causes the system to run without control. If this doesnt cause the temperature to drop then you have either got a shortage of refrigerant or there is a problem with the compressor. Without getting access to the compressor you wont be able to diagnose the problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok on that basis can u add refrigerant, if so how and if that's not problem can it only be the compressor?
Mick

It can be added if you have the necessary refrigeration tools to do the job, but a lack of refrigerant or a faulty compressor cause the same sympthoms ie a failure to reach the required temperature.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks I take it i can buy a new compressor if that is the end problem? Any ideas where from? I looked at Espares and Neff websites but none on show

Whats your full ENr of the product from the rating plate inside the fridge door.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
k4254X7GB/02 FD9007 000038

Thanks give me a moment

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok cheers

Part number for the compressor (if needed) is 00144639 - available and in stock at Neff. would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further information requests are free of charge. Thanks for using JA and have a great day - Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.

Many thanks come back to me if you require further help - Ian