Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Lamona HJA 8362 slimline dishwasher won't let me select a

Lamona HJA 8362 slimline dishwasher won't let me select a wash programme.
The lights just stay on constantly when I turn the power button on.
I have tried changing the display board PCB with a brand new one but that did not fix the problem.
I have taken it all apart again, turned the power button on and the lights stayed constantly on, I then pulled one of the wire clips that are connected to the display PCB out and put it back in again and it is now letting me select a wash programme.
However, if I turn the power button off then on again the lights stay constantly on again and I can't select a wash programme.
What could the problem be?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is it just the display board you have replaced and not the main control board board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just the display board was changed. However, I have put the original one back in and sent the replacement back because it didn't make a difference.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok to be honest with you this is nearly always down to the display board that causes this fault were all the lights just stay lit.

But if you replaced that and it was the same then the main board itself will be the fault. As ive had it before were i replaced the display board and it was the same and it turned out to be the main board.

So 8 out of 10 its the display board but if after replacing the display board its the same then its the main board thats the fault on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/pcb-control-board-1899450750/product.pl?pid=1999300&query=Lamona+hja8362+control+panelWould this be the board that I would need?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Yes thats the main control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I changed the PCB and it made no difference. I have given up, I will be returning the new PCB and buying a new dishwasher.