Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Samsung fridge-freezer SR-S2028CSS. After de-frosting the

Customer Question

Samsung fridge-freezer SR-S2028CSS. After de-frosting the fridge, the Vacation setting is on and cannot be moved; similarly the temperature buttons. What should I do?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** in the UK - first thing to do is unplug the appliance, leave it off and reconnect after ten minutes - then come back to me and confirm it has reset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have done that

Has it reset the appliance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has not changed the fact that I cannot turn off the Vacation mode, nor move the temperature settings

OK as you look at the display on the front do the following - press and hold the top left and top right buttons in, the display will start to flash, keep the buttons in until the display goes blank. Can you tell me if any parts of the leds are still lite?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no leds still alight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All lights now back on

OK this indicates that there are no problems with the electronics and does a factory reset - the appliance should now be working satisfactorily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that it is not, as pressing the Vacation button does not turn it off, and pressing the two temperature buttons still do not enable me to alter the temperature settings

Were you pressing the quick freeze and vacation buttons for six seconds or more and then it started to blink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK now if you look at the display it should have then gone bank for a few seconds. If after this period you can see vertical or horizontal bars in the place that was originally the temperature digits can you tell me which they are ie refrigerator side top center horizontal bar or perhaps freezer section bottom right hand vertical bare etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After pressing quick freeze and vacation simultaneously, the display flashes for a few seconds and then goes blank. No bars appear in place of either of the two temperature digits before the display lights up again

OK well the electronics are OK so it must be the keypad on the front door that needs changing or the connection between the keypad and the main pcb. Firstly I would check that the connectors under the freezer door hinge cover are OK and then if that doesnt work take off the display panel frame and see if you can see any broken wires in the door area.