KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Siemens IQ300 washing machine. The washing machine

I have a Siemens IQ300 washing machine. The washing machine starts and then after a while the power shuts off. I have checked the Sockets and Fuse and all is OK. After a while the washing machine can be used again, starts fine then shuts off again. What is wrong?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... it seems the problem is with the heating element of the washer...can you please tell me its complete model number (starts with Enr) and how old is it ? is there any error code displayed ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I was away this weekend.The Model No: E-Nr. WM14P360GB/03 FD 9205 00261The appliance is about 4 years old

The problem seems to be with the heating element that is bad...if the washer is unable to heat the water it shuts off... please try to run a cold wash cycle and let me know if it still stops

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yup, just completed a cold wash and there was no problem. So, is it easy to get and fit a new element? What sort of costs am I looking at?

New element is available here at £44 + labor charges