Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Aquarius wd645 does not heat up in dryer mode. Filter

Customer Question

Aquarius wd645 does not heat up in dryer mode. Filter cleaned but no heat at all. Bought new dryer heating element but cant see where it goes? Is there anything alse likely to be causing it and how do I change the dryer heating element?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andy my name is ***** ***** If you take off the top of the appliance you will see a metal box screwed to the top of the drum assembly - can you see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid £20 but when I tried to talk to you this useless aweful system tried to charge me another £20
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the box

OK the box is in two parts, the top part into which the heater installed and the bottom part that the top fits on to. Do you have a multimeter?

Re payment, forget the extra payment this is just a computer generated message, you only have to pay if you are satisfied with the information supplied. If however you require a telephone conversation this is charged as extra but only you agree to this it is not automatic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i only have a voltage testing screwdriver but I have already bought the heater element so could just change it on spec?

OK in this case what I would do is connect it up to the two terminals that correspond with the fitted item - that is you can see the spacing of the new terminals. If you look at the top plate you can see where the old heater is connected through it, take these two terminals off and put them on the new heater and then start the dryer drying section and see if the new heater gets hot making sure it cant short out to the casing or heater box top. If it heats up then the heater is ok if it doesnt, come back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are no terminals that match up with the new item?

Take a picture of the top of the heater box and let me see what you are looking at - you just attach it as you would a normal attachment using the paperclip above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here it is with the new part

OK the first thing to do is to undo the screws holding on the top of the heater box I think they are Torx 20 but they may be Torx 25 screws. Leave the wires connected at this time but have the power off. Do not open the new part yet, it is the one I am familiar with but the top isn't so take the top off and tell me if the element fitted is the same as the one supplied. It is listed as being correct for your model but there is also a straight rather than spiral one, if you leave the one in the bag at least you can return it if needed. Come back to me with your findings.

The one you may find looks like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ariston-C00254363-Hotpoint-Washing-Machine/dp/B00EO4UF9O/ref=pd_cp_60_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=P2QT1BX4BABEB5TXWKVB --

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** right it is not the standard part but the one from amazon which i have now ordered. Hopefully that will fix the problem. The old one was not properly secured and there are shorting scorch marks on the metal casing which probably means it is knackered.

OK good man - if you need further help let me know but in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done come back to me if you need more info. Thanks for using JA and have a good evening - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks rating done

Many thanks - Ian